The Cardinal 5K and 1/2 Mile Kids Fun Run/Walk takes place in the spring each year. Participants gather at the Holy Redeemer Church parking lot on the day of the race. Hundreds of runners of all ages embrace the refreshing spring weather to enjoy a scenic run through Rock Creek Park and the Rock Creek Highlands neighborhood. The course also challenges runners to accomplish "the Hill" on Cedar Lane before turning back into the Holy Redeemer neighborhood.
Just after the 5K runners depart, a 1/2 mile race will be held for the younger runners, where all kids are winners and receive a medal! After the races, join us in the church parking lot for a post-race party including refreshments and entertainment for the whole family.All of the events benefit Holy Redeemer School, our Catholic Parochial co-educational school, grades Kindergarten through 8.
FINISH LINE SPONSOR
CARDINAL COUCH TO 5K TRAINING PROGRAM
Need a plan to follow to get you to the start line of the Cardinal 5K? Want to train with the HR community?
We've got you covered! Just make any size donation on top of your entry fee and gain access to the 2022 Cardinal Couch to 5K program!
Donations can be made on the registration website. You can expect:
- • A curated training plan to get you ready to run for April 9th, kicking off on Feb. 21
• Stretches and warmups, with plenty of examples
- • A Saturday morning group run (8am @ the HR front doors, beginning Feb. 26th) to train together.
All those who have made or make donations moving forward will get an email with the plan and more information beginning February 16th. Questions? Shoot an email to Dan Bucherer at email@example.com.
1/2 MILE MARKER SPONSORS
RACE SPONSORSHIPSgreat opportunity to support the HR community
ALL SPONSORS OF THE RACE:
• Will be listed on the official race website, www.cardinal5k.com.
• Will be listed on the display on the sponsors’ table at registration.
• May send us promotional material to place on the sponsors’ table at registration.
• Will be listed on the sponsors’ poster at the post-race party.
• May set up a table at the post-race party.
• Will be mentioned as a race supporter during the race announcements at the post-race party.